Call for Abstracts
The spirit of the meeting will stay the “NON INVA spirit”, i.e. new technologies in general, and more specifically the endoscopic bariatric techniques (EBTs). The alternative part of the meeting will deal with “controversies”.
“State of the art”, consensus, or panel discussions regarding “how one should do or not do a given procedure”, etc., are dealt with during the IFSO regular meeting in Madrid later this year. Do not send abstracts in this regard, but only ones with a particular angle
IFSO-EC 2019 Symposium President
|November 1, 2018||Abstract Submission Opens|
|December 3, 2018||Deadline for Abstract Submission|
|February, 2019||Notification to authors about status of their abstract(s)|
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Only online submissions, submitted with a valid email address via the website of the IFSO-EC 2019 Symposium, Lyon, France, will be considered. Abstracts submitted by post, fax or email will not be considered.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English with maximum words of 325. This includes total number of words in field Abstract (excluding the fields References and Acknowledgement). Abstracts which exceed this word count will be automatically rejected.
- PICTURES: Pictures, graphs and tables are allowed only as an attachment. The maximum number of attachments is 2 per abstract. The format is GIF, JPG or PNG only. The maximum size is 2 MB per file.
- VIDEO: If you are interested in submistting the abstract for video session, please tick the presentation form "VIDEO" and submit your abstract with the video file up to 30 MB
- CONTACT DETAILS of the submitting author must be provided as part of the abstract submission process. All correspondence will be sent to the submitting author only. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to forward any relevant correspondence to the presenting author.
- At least one listed author of each accepted abstract must register (paying the relevant registration fee) and attend the Symposium to present the abstract. If the authors of an accepted abstract fail to present the poster then those authors will be forbidden from submitting abstracts to the IFSO-EC events for a period of 3 years.
- Submitting authors will be notified of the Programme Organising Committee (POC) decision by February 2019. The POC decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Abstract Presentation – Important Information
Oral Sessions at IFSO-EC 2019 Symposium, Lyon, France, will incorporate the highest quality submitted abstracts – giving abstract submitters greater opportunity to present their work orally. Abstracts will also be selected for poster presentation.
Poster Sessions will form an integral part of the IFSO-EC 2019 Symposium Scientific Programme. Poster Sessions will not conflict with any other sessions meaning that they will not be scheduled at the same time as oral sessions in the programme. Poster authors will be asked to stand by their poster during scheduled poster presentation times. Authors will be notified of the status of their abstract during February 2019. Further presentation instructions will be given at this time.
Conflict of Interest and Funding Disclosure
IFSO-EC encourages full disclosure of all relevant sources of funding in relation to abstracts submitted to this Symposium. Conflict of interest or funding disclosures should be added to the foot of the abstract text (this will not affect the word count).
All accepted abstracts submitted in the standard submission process will be published in the official Abstract Book of the IFSO-EC 2019 Symposium, Lyon, France.
Confirmation of Receipt
Submitting authors will be sent an acknowledgement via e-mail to confirm that their abstract has been received. If you do not receive the acknowledgement within three days of your submission, please contact the Symposium Secretariat on the e-mail address email@example.com